By David Punter
The completely improved and up-to-date New significant other to the Gothic, provides a chain of stimulating insights into Gothic writing, its background and family tree. The addition of 12 new essays and a piece on ‘Global Gothic’ displays the path Gothic feedback has taken during the last decade.
- Many of the unique essays were revised to mirror present debates
- Offers entire insurance of feedback of the Gothic and of many of the theoretical techniques it has encouraged and spawned
- Features vital and unique essays through prime students within the field
- The editor is well known because the founding father of sleek feedback of the Gothic
Read or Download A New Companion to The Gothic (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
The serious background gathers jointly a wide physique of severe assets on significant figures in literature. every one quantity offers modern responses to a writer's paintings, permitting scholars and researchers to learn for themselves, for instance, reviews on early performances of Shakespeare's performs, or reactions to the 1st e-book of Jane Austen's novels.
This consultant offers an outline of the main major matters and debates in Gothic reports. offers an outline of the main major concerns and debates in Gothic reviews. Explains the origins and improvement of the time period Gothic. Explores the evolution of the Gothic in either literary and non-literary types, together with paintings, structure and picture.
Making an allowance for the recognition and diversity of the style, this collaborative quantity considers a variety of English Romantic autobiographical writers and modes, together with working-class autobiography, the ordinary essay, and the staged presence. within the wake of Rousseau's Confessions, autobiography grew to become an more and more renowned in addition to a literary mode of writing.
This quantity boldly proposes that the middle of the Arthurian and Holy Grail traditions derived now not from Celtic mythology, yet really from the folklore of the peoples of old Scythia (what are actually the South Russian and Ukrainian steppes). additionally contains 19 maps.
- Milton's Uncertain Eden: Understanding Place in Paradise Lost (Studies in Major Literary Authors)
- Romanticism and Religion from William Cowper to Wallace Stevens (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Wordsworth, Commodification, and Social Concern: The Poetics of Modernity (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism)
- Romanticism, Memory, and Mourning (The Nineteenth Century Series)
- Romanticism and the City (Nineteenth-Century Major Lives and Letters)
Extra info for A New Companion to The Gothic (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A New Companion to The Gothic (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by David Punter