By D. Downey
Read Online or Download American Women's Ghost Stories in the Gilded Age (Palgrave Gothic) PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
The severe history gathers jointly a wide physique of serious assets on significant figures in literature. every one quantity provides modern responses to a writer's paintings, allowing scholars and researchers to learn for themselves, for instance, reviews on early performances of Shakespeare's performs, or reactions to the 1st e-book of Jane Austen's novels.
This advisor offers an summary of the main major concerns and debates in Gothic stories. presents an summary of the main major concerns and debates in Gothic experiences. Explains the origins and improvement of the time period Gothic. Explores the evolution of the Gothic in either literary and non-literary kinds, together with artwork, structure and picture.
Taking into consideration the recognition and diversity of the style, this collaborative quantity considers a variety of English Romantic autobiographical writers and modes, together with working-class autobiography, the typical essay, and the staged presence. within the wake of Rousseau's Confessions, autobiography grew to become an more and more well known in addition to a literary mode of writing.
This quantity boldly proposes that the middle of the Arthurian and Holy Grail traditions derived now not from Celtic mythology, yet relatively from the folklore of the peoples of historical Scythia (what at the moment are the South Russian and Ukrainian steppes). additionally comprises 19 maps.
- Shelley and the Romantic Revolution: Volume 1 (RLE: Percy Shelley)
- History of the Gothic: Gothic Literature 1825-1914: Gothic Literature 1825-1914 v. 2 (Gothic Literary Studies)
- T. S. Eliot's Romantic Dilemma: Tradition's Anti-Traditional Elements: Volume 4 (Routledge Library Editions: T. S. Eliot)
- The Fantastic Vampire: Studies in the Children of the Night--Selected Essays from the Eighteenth International Conference on the Fantastic in the Arts: ... to the Study of Science Fiction and Fantasy)
- Dante and Italy in British Romanticism (Nineteenth-Century Major Lives and Letters)
- Romanticism and the Rise of the Mass Public (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism)
Additional resources for American Women's Ghost Stories in the Gilded Age (Palgrave Gothic)
American Women's Ghost Stories in the Gilded Age (Palgrave Gothic) by D. Downey